Is your Facebook fan page a total ghost town?
Are you getting ZERO traction from posting products, sales, and business pitches on social media?
Having a Facebook fan page for your network marketing business is one of the BEST things you can do, but you need to create a page that actually adds value and solves problems.
THE most important rule for prospecting and recruiting on Facebook is this: Don't just sell.
The reason that a Facebook fan page is more powerful than prospecting on your personal profile is that having a fan page allows you to build a following of your EXACT target audience.
If you are selling makeup, you can attract a following of people who have opted in to receive daily makeup tips and tutorials, plus exclusive discounts on products.
If you are selling nutritional supplements, you can attract a following of people who are health conscious and already read health & wellness magazines, etc.
Let's say that you are selling a product that helps with sports injuries. You can even target men in their 30s-40s who are athletic and are recovering from a sports injury.
Or if you want to teach mothers of young children how to use safer and more natural products, you can target women who have toddlers, preschoolers, etc. who also follow health and wellness websites or are environmentally conscious.
Do you think that would be more helpful for your business than casting your net more broadly and targeting your friends and family and friends of friends regardless of interests?
You bet it would!
How to Create a Facebook Fan Page
Creating a Facebook fan page is super simple and literally takes 5 minutes.
A few tips on creating your Facebook fan page:
- Brand YOU, not your company. You want to be seen as a trusted expert in your field, not just a representative of some company. Use either your first and last name, or some brandable (i.e. catchy and relevant) phrase that you are going to associate with you.
- Use an image of you as your profile picture. Don't be shy, and don't worry if you don't have a professional photo. A decent selfie will do. The purpose of this is to show people that you are a real person and to help them get to know, like, and trust you.
How to Attract People to Your Fan Page
There are a handful of ways to attract people to your fan page.
- Invite friends and family and others.
- Interact on Facebook as your page. As people engage with you and when they find your content helpful, they will check you out. This is a great way to get new followers.
- Share notes and videos and things from your fan page that are relevant (on your profile, in comments and discussions, in groups). If people find them helpful and on point, this is another good way to get more followers.
- Run a Facebook page likes campaign.
How to Make Sure People Actually CARE What You Have to Say
If you only post product promotions and business pitches, then no one will care what you have to say.
I know. I've tried it.
People don't go on social media to buy products. They go on social media to be social.
If you can post content that is entertaining, inspiring, and educational, then people will come to see you as a trusted authority instead of just a pushy salesperson.
As you build the trust factor, then people will value your opinion more and will COME TO YOU when they need advice on whatever it is that you do. They will also be much more likely to buy products from you or join your business if/when they are looking for an opportunity.
A good rule of thumb is to educate, entertain, and inspire 90% of the time and sell 10% of the time.
What sort of content should you be sharing?
Blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, images.... Share your own if you have them. And also share other people's content.
Sharing content that your target audience will enjoy builds up your credibility with them, regardless of whether you created the content or someone else did.
In the end, this means more engagement on your fan page, more loyal followers, and ultimately more sales and team members.
Bonus Video: 3 Fan Page Tips to Boost Engagement
Want more Facebook prospecting tips? Be sure to pick up your FREE Facebook Cheat Sheets for Prospecting on Social Media.