As a network marketer, having a blog is one of the smartest things that you can do.
Why is that?
A blog allows you to seriously leverage your time and efforts.
- Brand yourself as an authority in your field.
- Build a loyal following of fans who will become customers and team members.
- Write something once. Have it work for you 24/7 for years.
- Show up in the search engines when people are trying to solve problems that your products or business solves.
- Be able to advertise for FREE to your EXACT target market.
- Build a loyal following of people who have already said “Yes, I want to hear more about what you do!”
- Never cold call or pester friends, family, or acquaintances ever again.
Option #1: Product Focused
A product-focused network marketing blog is just what it sounds like. It focuses on the products that your company offers.
Now the most important part to remember here is that this is not a collection of product reviews, sales pitches, and blog posts about your company. It is a collection of useful blog posts that solve problems that your target audience is trying to solve.
If you’re in the fitness niche, you might be posting healthy recipes you can make in under 30 minutes, 10 minute fitness challenge, in depth posts about the benefits or yoga, or crossfit, or aerobic dance, etc., etc.
If you’re in the health & beauty niche, you may create a make-up blog that does some product reviews and ‘how to’ posts, in depth ingredient analysis of the toxic competitors (if your company makes ‘green’, natural, or organic products). You may pick up on the ‘green’ trends and write posts about lead in lipstick, or the benefits of using loose mineral powder makeup.
The options are really endless. Just think about…
- What are you passionate about? What can you write and post videos about?
- What problems do your products solve in people’s lives?
- What problems are your target audience trying to solve?
- What sort of posts will attract your target market to your blog? What are they interested in? What will they want to read about?
And some key rules to keep in mind.
- Aim for 90% education, inspiration, and entertainment; 10% sales.
- Brand YOU, not your company. Become an authority in your niche market. Don’t be just a representative of your company.
- Don’t worry so much about selling up front. Lead with value, solve problems, and people will love you for it. The more people love you and follow you, the more people will come to you when they are ready to buy. (Did you get that? No more chasing down prospects. They come to you.)
Want to see what a product focused blog looks like? Check out these featured blogs below.
Live Simple, Live Organic is a blog that I run, targeting the organic health and wellness niche. A lot of what I teach you about product-focused blogs here can be seen in action there.
Earthy Insight is an excellent example of a network marketing blog. Earthy Insight is fairly new, and so does not have a lot of bulk to it yet, but it is a great example of how you can create a blog by focusing on your interests and skill sets. Earthy Insight is also in the organic health and wellness niche and focuses on product awareness, eco-issues, and sustainability.
The Good Beauty Company is an excellent example of a blog that takes advantage of multiple affiliate programs within the green beauty niche. You can see on this blog how you can focus on product reviews and combine multiple streams of income (multiple affiliate programs) to build a full time business online. This can easily be done by combining your network marketing company with relevant and non-competing affiliate offers.
Option #2: Training Focused
Your other option for creating a network marketing blog is to focus on training others to build businesses online and then building your network marketing company on the ‘back end’.
Here’s how that works.
- Go out and learn a network marketing skill. Learn how to close prospects, or how to craft and irresistible offer, or how to prospect on social media, or how to run workshops, or how to shoot videos that convert like crazy. Learn something that is useful to promoting a network marketing business.
- Teach that skill. Share it on your favourite platform: YouTube, Facebook, your blog, whatever.
- Share that content. Share your posts in Facebook groups, on forums, etc. Engage in discussion with people who need whatever training it is that you offer.
- Build a massive following. Once you have mastered a skill, are sharing that knowledge, and are helping other people master that skill, then you will gather a huge following of devoted fans.
- Monetize that following. Make offers that will benefit your target audience. You can sell other people’s products (i.e. affiliate offers) or your own products. (Super ninja network marketing hack: once you’re advanced enough, you can create your own trainings and sell them. Not there yet? Don’t worry. Focus on affiliate offers.)
- Build your network marketing company on the ‘back end’. Most network marketers jump companies before finding one they stick with. If you have a huge following of people you are giving valuable content to, when they do decide to switch companies, some of them will switch to yours.
Want some step by step instructions on how to get all this done? Make sure you pick up your copy of Attraction Marketing Formula and learn the basics of crafting valuable content, building a following, and monetizing that following.