If you are struggling to create literally anything and you want to give your project a mega boost, then Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich is probably the first place you want to start.
Hill wrote Think and Grow Rich in 1937 for aspiring entrepreneurs and the book has not lost is value and its appeal since. At the time of his death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold more than 20 million copies, and by 2011 over 70 million copies had been sold worldwide.
Think and Grow Rich is literally a handbook on how to see MASSIVE success by setting your mind to something and not giving up until it happens. Sure, okay, we all know the importance of persistence. But how do you harness the desire for something and turn it into fuel that will actually make something happen? We’re not talking about dreams, or “somedays”, or “Gee, I’d like it if…” We’re talking about turning desires into actions and making the universe work for you.
So are you ready to jump into the 6 Concrete Steps for Turning Desire into an Income Stream?
Here they are.
6 Steps for Turning Desires Into Gold
- What is the exact amount of money that you desire? It is not enough just to say, “I want plenty of money”, or “I want to replace my current income”. Write down a specific number, and one that is ambitious but attainable.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to reach your financial goals. How much will you be earning 3 months from now? 6 months from now? 1 year from now?
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. You need to be adding value to people’s lives. It is not enough to just say “I will be offering superfood shakes”, or “I will help people lose weight”. Create a plan that outlines what you will offer for free (your blog posts and your “lead bait”), and what products you will sell.
- Create a definite plan for putting your desire into action and being at once. Don’t wait until you feel that you are ready. We learn best when we take action. You will make mistakes (we all do) but you will learn from them along the way and they will help you to create a better, stronger business in the end. Remember, if you don’t take action, nothing happens.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, set a time limit for when you intend to reach that goal, state what you intend to give in return, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily – once in the morning and once before bed – and imagine yourself having reached that goal. What will that income buy you? Will you be able to afford a mortgage on a house? Imagine yourself in that house, playing with the kids in the back yard. Will you be able to quit your job? Picture yourself waking up on Monday morning and working from home in your pyjamas, drinking coffee alone or while watching the kids at 10am. The more real you can make your goals, the more you will internalize them, and the more likely you will be to succeed.
Let me confess something to you: I was a total sceptic when it came to this kind of thing for a long time. I was not a believer in the law of attraction. I didn’t think that, if you just believe something hard enough, it will come true. But then I got to reading Napoleon Hill’s book, and I learned quite a bit about The Global Consciousness Project, run out of Princeton University, and the meditation experiment that lowered violent crimes rates in Washington, D.C. by 23%.
Our thoughts and desires can have real impact on physical things.
At the basic level, your thoughts influence your attitude, which influences your actions. Actions become habit, and habit can literally make us or break us. How do you make a massive change for the better in your life? By turning positive actions into habit.
If Napoleon Hill, the Global Consciousness folks at Princeton, and other similar projects are right, then our thoughts and our desires, what we focus on with unbroken intent, can literally change our lives.
So go ahead, try it out. Follow these 6 steps each day for 30 days, for 90 days, and see what kind of MASSIVE impact it can have on your life.