This past May at the No Excuses Summit for online marketers, I had the pleasure of hearing Ray Higdon speak. The talk he gave was entitled 6 Secrets to Happiness and Millions.
These 6 secrets are especially helpful if you are in network marketing and want to build online.
1. Decide that NOW is your time.
- think about the psychology of people;
- how can you help people?
- be vulnerable;
- take them on your journey.
2. No one cares what you need and no one cares what your quota is.
- Give great content (blog posts, videos, etc.).
- Solve problems (I’m not talking “How to lose weight just by switching your brand of coffee”. I’m talking real solutions to real problems. Do research. Find out what problems your target market is having. Solve them.)
- Don’t worry about aesthetics (how pretty your blog is, how impressive you look, whether your hair is good enough for a video today). The important things is CONTENT. Good content trumps aesthetics.
“If you focus on what your market needs, you will never go broke.” – Ray Higdon
3. Technology, Conversions, and Growth
When it comes to the tech side of building a business online, don’t get lost in the forest. Yes, you need a blog. And yes, you will need a capture page, and eventually a full sales funnel. But you know what?
You can start with a very SIMPLE funnel: offer a free giveaway on on your blog. Get your prospects on your email list. Funnel done.
This is the super-simple 2-step funnel that the master himself began with, and it has resulted in a multi-million dollar income.
Think outside of your funnel. How do you get in front of more people? How can you reach more of your target audience? There are so many resources available at your fingertips! Social media, forums, other people’s blogs, videos, podcasts, articles….
The key is to get your content out in front of more people. Think about how you can get in front of more people, and how you can IMPACT more people.
A few things to remember.
- Scaling isn’t always more ads. It can be brand acquisition, which can mean a lot of different things. Scaling basically means reaching more people without putting in much more effort.
- DIFFERENT IS BETTER THAN BETTER (Always ask yourself “How can I be different in my marketplace?”)
4. Deeper Monetization
Offer ways to make bigger money faster. One way that many network marketers make big money online is through coaching. You don’t have to be a guru to sell coaching.
Ask yourself these questions: What do you know that others don’t know? And what do you know that people would pay you to teach them?
You don’t have to have an impressive resume to do coaching. You can be the education provider. Learn a craft and teach others to do it. Blogging, article writing, preparing healthy meals, etc., etc.
For example, in the health and wellness field, people will pay you to help them structure meal plans, workouts, etc.
The fact is that you can find ANYTHING online. The purpose of coaching is not to provide something unavailable anywhere else, but to make it easier for your audience.
Think about the guy who invented bagged lettuce. You can buy a head of lettuce for $1 and chop it up yourself, or you can buy a bag of pre-chopped, pre-washed lettuce for $5. People pay for convenience. A lot of people have more money than time and they will pay you to do something for them.
5. Be a good steward (of money)
- Put a % of sales towards investing and toward giving.
- Invest in education. Get around people who are bigger thinkers, and who have accomplished more.
- Be a good buyer if you want good buyers. You attract the energy of you.
- Create reasons why you should make more money.
Finally, consider the importance of time. Time is your most valuable asset. You can always make more money, but you can never get time back.
Sign up for your FREE Internet Recruiting Course. Learn how network marketing pros recruit into their business – REJECTION FREE – using the internet. Finally get the residual, passive income you crave without endlessly chasing down dead beat prospects and leads.