How often have you wished that there was an easier way to prospect for your business than talking to everyone you know and everyone you meet?
When you join a network marketing company, the first thing you are told to do is to make a ‘100 person list’: a list of everyone you know so that you can get in touch with them and see if they are interested in your products or your business. What happens, though, once you run out of people on the list?
Once you’ve exhausted your 100 person list, or your warm market (i.e. people who know you), you are supposed to start cold market prospecting: talking to people in coffee shops, at the grocery store, in parks, etc., etc.
But what happens if you are too busy raising kids to do much cold market prospecting? Sure, I could try prospecting the cashier at the grocery store while my husband packs the groceries and we both try to keep our 3 year old twins entertained, but do I really want to? Not really. And would it even be effective? Probably not. And I could try prospecting other mommies at the park while we are both running after our kids and trying to listen to their stories, keep them from running head first into someone on the swings, or stealing another kid’s dump truck, but is that a sustainable business plan? Ummm…no, no it’s not.
Once you’ve exhausted your warm market and you are looking for a way to bring in new prospects to your business without physically chasing them down, turning to the internet is a great option. But before you go out on social media and start asking everyone you know and everyone you meet to buy your products or join your business, let me give you a few pointers on how to build a sustainable mlm business online without prospecting anyone and everyone.
How to Get MLM Prospects Online
Figuring out how to get MLM prospects online, and doing it well, is not always straightforward. When I starting building my network marketing business online, it took me over a year and roughly $1500 to really figure out how things worked. That was using the DIY approach, picking up some prospecting and online marketing courses here and there, and building my own website from scratch.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend as much time and money as I did in order to build a profitable and sustainable online business. Why is that? Because I am going to tell you what works and what doesn’t. You don’t have to figure it all out on your own. Learn from someone who’s been there already.
First, let’s talk about the 5 key things you will need to do to successfully build an mlm business online.
Watched the video and want help putting it all together? Get your FREE 10 day attraction marketing bootcamp.
The 5-Step Process, SUPER simplified:
1. Get a blog. Your blog is the lifeblood of your online business. It is where you create content related to your niche market, build trust and rapport with your audience, offer them genuinely helpful content (Like how to make a all natural DIY kitchen cleaner, or how to lose weight in only 10 minutes a day, etc., etc.) and eventually turn readers into customers and team members.
2. Get a social media presence. At first, social media is going to be your largest source of traffic. This is how you build a loyal following, build rapport with your audience, and share your blog content (blog posts, product reviews, etc.) with your target market. Don’t know where to start? Figure out Step 3 (What’s your personal brand?) and then create a Facebook fan page.
3. Brand YOU not your company. Your personal brand is related to your niche, but it is not your company. You are not just a representative of a certain company. You are a health and wellness advocate, or a personal wellness coach, etc., etc. You are an authority in your niche market. That is your brand.
4. Drive traffic to your website. Using strategies like SEO (search engine optimization), social media sharing, and Facebook ads, you can get your exact target market to your website and get them reading your content.
5. Make sure that you have ways for readers to opt in to your mailing list (make sure you have a mailing list) and have calls to action and affiliate links (optional) that link to products in your niche market.
This is a PROVEN strategy used by many 5- and even 6-figure earners. If you do this right, you CAN create a full-time business from the comfort of your laptop and virtually eliminate cold prospecting. That is because your website is going to do the prospecting for you.
Your blog content is what is going to draw in interested traffic. If someone is only searching for “where to buy essential oils online”…boom!…there you are. If they are looking for “paraben free skin care”….they find your article on how to identify toxins in your moisturizer. Give them geniunely helpful content and they will opt in to your mailing list to get more. Once you have them on your mailing list, you have your EXACT target market right at your fingertips. Your blog, your SEO, and your social media presence has just delivered red hot prospects to you without you having to go out and chase them down.
Does this sound like something you would like to learn?
Click here to get access to your FREE online marketing bootcamp and start learning HOW to put all these pieces into place.
What has been your biggest struggle in your business so far, and what would your life look like once you overcome that one thing?
Comment below. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
P.S. – If you’re struggling to build your business online and work with the right kind of people that produce results, this formula is exactly what you’ve been missing. It helped me to finally throw out my 100 person list and build a sustainable, passive income without hounding friends and soliciting strangers. Click here to learn how to sponsor more reps online with this simple formula.